2018 ATBC MEMBERS
|Registration Type||Early Bird Registration||Regular Registration||Onsite Registration|
|(on & before 15 Apr 2018)||(16 Apr - 25 June 2018)||(1 Jul - 5 Jul 2018)|
|High Income Countries ***|
|Member||USD 550||USD 600||USD 700|
|Non Member||USD 650||USD 700|
|Student||USD 300||USD 350||USD 350|
|Student Non Member||USD 350||USD 400|
|Member||USD 350||USD 400||USD 475|
|Non Member||USD 425||USD 475|
|Student||USD 175||USD 225||USD 225|
|Student Non Member||USD 225||USD 275|
|Are you attending the International Marine Conversation Congress 2018?|
If yes, please provide the official receipt via email to email@example.com in order to be entitled for a 5% discount code for ATBC 2018.
|ATBC 2018 Welcome Reception on Sunday, 1 July 2018||USD 55|
|ATBC 2018 Banquet on Thursday, 5 July 2018
|Workshop during the Conference:|
|ATBC Nature Art Stations
Take a break from Conference presentations and make your own nature inspired art!
|Wildlife the toonie way - a workshop on wildlife cartoons
Date: 1 July (During the conference – half day)
|Pre Conference Workshops:|
|Boot camp in wildlife study design and data analysis
Dr. Mike Meredith and Ngumbang Juat, assisted by experienced instructors
Date: 19 through 30 June, with rest days on 22 and 26 June (10 days)
|Fundamentals of GIS for ecology and species distribution modeling
Dr. Alice C. Hughes
Date: 24 June through 28 June (5 days)
|Techniques for bat field ecology
Dr. Tuanjit Sritongchuay and Dr. Joe Chun Chia Huang
Date: Tuesday, 26 June to Saturday, 30 June 2018 (5 days)
|Innovative education and communication for conservation
Dr. Cedric Tan
Date: 27 June through 30 June (4 days)
|Estimating population parameters using mark-recapture: an introduction
Professor Phillip Hammond
Date: 29 June through 30 June (2 days)
Date: 30 June (1 day)
|You’re never too young to do conservation: addressing challenges among upcoming ecologists and conservationists in the tropics
Date: 30 June (1 day)
|Post Conference Workshops:|
|Lobbying for conservation
Dr. Gopalasamy Reuben Clements
Date: 6 July (1 day)
|Social science survey methods for conservation research
Dr. Azlina Amir Kassim
Date: 6 July through 7 July (2 days)
Date: 6 July through 8 July (3 days)
|Analyses of animal movement data for ecology and conservation
Dr. Navinder Singh
Date: 7 July through 8 July (3 days)
*** For list of High Income Countries, click here
- Effective 1st June 2018, Goods and Services Tax will be at 0% as announced by the Malaysian Government. Kindly refer to the FAQ’s for more information.
- Fee is paid according to the Delegate’s country of affiliation.
- For example, a European studying or working in a Malaysian Organization will be categorised a “Other Countries” Delegate. A Malaysian who is studying or working in a US-based Organization will be categorised as “High Income Countries” Delegate.
- For all categories of registration, the Secretariat will charge the appropriate full rate if the delegate fails to provide the necessary information or proof. Registration will only be confirmed electronically by e-mail upon receipt of FULL PAYMENT.
- The Full Registration fees include admission to Main Conference Hall, Conference bag (which includes program), admission to Welcome Reception, Opening Ceremony and Closing Ceremony, coffee breaks and lunches, the ATBC Banquet on 5th July but not the optional tours, airport transfers and accommodations.
- * For University Students (Malaysia & International), to complete the registration, a letter or any documentary proof from the relevant department or learning institution must be submitted to confirm the Student status. The document should be sent to the 55th Annual Meeting of the Association for Tropical Biology and Conservation’s Secretariat via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to (+603) 2161 6560.
- All payment will be charged in USD.
- Payment or proof of payment must be made in order to receive confirmation. We encourage payment to be made at the time of registration to confirm your registration.
- International delegates can make payment by Credit Card and Telegraphic Transfer.
- Malaysians can make payment by Local Cheque, Credit Card, Bank Transfer or Local Order.
- Please note that all related bank charges, financial charges or credit card handling fee of 5% are to be borne by the delegates and are not to be deducted from the net fee payable to the Conference.
- Official invoice and receipt will be provided only upon request.
- Company Cheque (for Malaysians Only) and Telegraphic Transfer are to be made to the Conference bank account below:
- Registration will only be confirmed via e-mail upon receipt of FULL PAYMENT and CONFIRMED VALIDATION.
- Please bring along the email confirmation and present it at the Registration Counter when collecting your delegate badge on the Conference day (actual time and date will be informed in due course by email).
- For payment made by Local Order (LO), please mail the original LO (Local Order) to the ATBC 2018 Secretariat for verification before 1 May 2018
- Registration fees do not include insurance of any kind. It is strongly recommended that all delegates take out their own travel insurance and medical insurance prior to the Conference.
- The policy should include loss of fees through cancellation of your participation in the Congress itself, loss of airfares for any reason, medical expenses and repatriation should travel arrangements have to be altered. In the event of industrial disruptions or natural disasters the Conference Organisers and the Conference Secretariat cannot accept responsibility for any financial or other losses incurred by delegates. Nor can the Secretariat take responsibility for injury or damage to property or persons occurring during the Conference or associated activities. Insurance is the responsibility of the individual delegate.
As part of the management and organization of events, MCI Group processes some of your personal data with your consent or as part of the execution of a contract. To learn more about your rights and our privacy practices - MCI data privacy statement.