The Organizing Committee of the 55th Annual Meeting of the Association for Tropical Biology and Conservation is offering a limited number of grants to help cover the costs of attending the ATBC2018, Kuching, Sarawak, Malaysia held on 1 to 5 July 2018. The grants aim to increase attendance of participants from low and middle-income countries to the annual meeting by providing funds for those in financial need.
ATBC is committed to advancing diversity in its conservation community and applicants from all genders and cultures, and other traditionally under-represented groups, are encouraged to apply for these grants.
A donation from the Evans-Meggers Fund is specifically in support of female scientists’ participation from South American Countries (Argentina, Bolivia, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Ecuador, Guyana, Paraguay, Peru, Suriname, Uruguay and Venezuela).
- Be a member of ATBC (membership can be as low as ~USD25 for students; become a member here).
- Be affiliated to an organization from a low or middle-income country and/or receiving PhD funds from low or middle-income institutions*.
- Be a presenter at the conference - submit their abstract at www.atbc2018.org before 31 March 2018.
- Have fully paid the registration fees before 31 March 2018.
- Demonstrate previous research work relevant to tropical biology and/or conservation (grants, publications in peer-reviewed journals, conference presentations).
- Submit an abstract relevant to the meeting theme and of good quality.
Application deadline: 31 March 2018
Notification of outcome by 15 April 2018
Curriculum vitae (maximum two pages) including previous awards, education, publications, research activities and further information deemed relevant.
A CV and, if applicable, proof of student enrollment are required to be submitted in a SINGLE PDF FILE to email@example.com before the end of 31 March 2018. Applications submitted with multiple files may not be considered eligible.